Call Today for a FREE Consultation
TF 800-836-1114 PH 440-753-6051
Your Reputation is Important.We Can Help You Protect It. Let's get Started

I ended up on what?

With the explosion of Internet access in last 10 years, many "cheater websites" have appeared at an alarming pace. "Cheater websites" offer an opportunity to dish the dirt on former girlfriends, boyfriends, husbands, wives, sugar daddies and everything in between. Often, in a fit of rage, a scorned or just plain evil ex-lover will unload a fury of anger-fueled, hateful speech about their former partner, and worst of all, identify the ex by name! Now, your name, details of your personal and private relationship are publicly posted on the Internet for all to see. Even worse, the information about you may not even be true!

Is it legal for the website to publish this information?

The short answer is yes. Under Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act of 1996 (CDA) "No provider or user of an interactive computer service shall be treated as the publisher or speaker of any information provided by another information content provider" (47 U.S.C. ยง 230). In non-legalese, this mean that websites, such as, that host or republish speech, are protected against claims of libel, slander and other causes of action. While there are exemptions for certain criminal and intellectual property-based claims, Section 230 of the CDA creates a wide berth of protection and immunity for websites such as to freely allow your angry ex to post intimate and embarrassing details about you.

If it's perfectly legal for to publish my private and false online information, do I have any options to remove the content?

Yes. While the CDA provides protection for websites such as, the user who provides the harmful information does not enjoy any immunity for their statements. Therefore, the false, defamatory and private statements made by your ex are subject to lawsuits and he or she could be held accountable for the damage of his or her statements. While today's world allows for near instantaneous answers, responses and results, the legal system has not followed suit. A lawsuit can take years and cost a significant sum. Further, once a statement is posted online, even if your ex had a change of heart and wanted to remove the offensive post, he or she may be unable to do so. Under many websites' terms of use you assign away your rights to the post and it is at the website's sole and absolute discretion on whether to remove the offensive post.

What if I don't have the time or money for a lawsuit?

Dinn, Hochman & Potter, LLC is pleased to offer expedited removal services for For a fraction of the price of a complex lawsuit, we can guarantee removal of the offensive posts or your money back. Please contact us today to help you with privately, discreetly and confidentially removing unflattering and/or false content from We are available around the clock to answer your questions. Call: 800-836-1114 or Email: click here.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information